Today represents the first day of posting to Cardinal Rules in 2010. After a short break, I bring to you a continuation of my last post - my initiatives for 2010. Listed below are a few of my goals with limited detail. I am excited (and nervous) about each and the prospective results that will come of them.
1. Buy Local Program - I am exploring the creation of this program for my home city. There does not seem to be one here but it seems that one would do well here. Also, having a business directory like this would support our population much more beyond sourcing needs. I will have this proposal completed in first quarter 2010.
2. New Business Concept - I am developing a new concept for a drop-in child care facility. Again, there are not very many facilities dedicated to this service located in my home city. My parents used this concept when I was young and I thought it was really fun. In the last few years that I have been here, I have encountered many moms who desperately needed this type of service but had to find alternative means to care for their children (including bringing them to work). The closest center to my area of town is 20 minutes away.
I am very excited and committed to the drop-in child care center concept - it is finally my opportunity to utilize the learnings and advice I have provided for the last several years. I have such high hopes for the concept, I believe it is the beginning of the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy for my family.
3. Grow as an Entrepreneurship Expert - I have assessed my activities of 2009 and realized lessons learned to take into 2010. I commit to do more networking, consistent blog posting, and promotion of my expertise in additional venues. For instance, I have been accepted as the Durham Small Business Examiner on Examiner.com - a great, paying opportunity. If you have an area of expertise and would like to apply to write for this news source, please go to http://www.examiner.com/refer and use my name Yolanda Brown and Examiner ID #34800 as your referral source.
4. Employment Opportunities - I have loved delving myself into everything entrepreneurship over the last several months. For personal reasons though, I have to seek an employment opportunity ASAP. Opportunities I am seeking would continue my experience in working with small businesses and/or provide an intrapreneurial experience like a program management role. If you know of anything, please contact me. View my LinkedIn profile for more details.
As I stated before, let me know what you think about the goals above. What is one of your goals for 2010?
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Hello 2010!
Posted by
Yolanda B.
Categories: Business Plan, General
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Subscribe via email
Search
Categories
- Entrepreneur (15)
- Finance (13)
- Business Plan (10)
- Business Development (7)
- Marketing (7)
- Networking (5)
- Leadership (4)
0 comments:
Post a Comment