Monday, December 28, 2009

The Risk of Failure

The risk of failure has probably been one of my biggest hurdles throughout my career. I have created successful programs and received recognition for them, but there is much more happening in my little brain than I let on. I have so many ideas all within the premise of my personal mission:

To leave a legacy which will enrich the lives of others in my community, to bring my community closer to prosperity, using my God-given talents and spiritual gifts – all to magnify the glory of God and edify his kingdom.

I wrote this mission in 2002 and still believe in it today. The "how" is what I have struggled with since that writing. I have put in time and learned so much since then... I know my calling is in entrepreneurship...


So back to my original topic - I have many ideas for what to do with my time in 2010, I just have to get out
and share them. There are many concerns that come with that though - will it succeed? what will make it different from other similar attempts? etc etc.

Since Christmas, I have been watching my youngest son attempt to crawl. He is 5 months old now (it flew by!), he has the position right, it's just when he tries to move, he falls. It has been a lesson to me about dusting yourself off and trying again. He falls, then gets back up and attempts again... then falls, and keeps trying... it's a great cycle. If he can make attempts like that for his livelihood, I know I can for mine (and his, and his brother's, and their father's, and now a new puppy)!

In a few days, I will share with you the ideas I am looking forward to in 2010. I would love your thoughts on them. In the meantime, consider sharing with me what you would like to accomplish in 2010... I would love to help you get there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to state how you feel about this post and if you plan to take action.

Related Posts with Thumbnails