So, I've been searching for a video to highlight in relation to this month's theme. As basic as the following piece of advice is, there are so many of us that do not follow it. Calling on your contacts seems so hard to do. Questions like "What do I say?" "Can they really help me?" "What will they think of me if I ask for help?"
Really, people enjoy providing help. Think about how you feel when someone asks you for help...
Entrepreneurship Guru Ingrid Vanderveldt provides a real life example of calling your contacts to pursue a business opportunity.
What she does not mention is the importance of actually contacting those people that you have been given the names of, then following up with those who provided the name(s) to let them know how the initial contact went. This can be challenging but very rewarding and likely worth it for you and your business.
Do not let fear hold you back from taking this advice! Remember, this blog is as much for me as it is for you... I'm preaching to myself...
Friday, October 16, 2009
Video of the Week: Leveraging Your Rolodex...
Posted by
Yolanda B.
Categories: Business Development, Entrepreneur, Networking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Subscribe via email
Search
Categories
- Entrepreneur (15)
- Finance (13)
- Business Plan (10)
- Business Development (7)
- Marketing (7)
- Networking (5)
- Leadership (4)
0 comments:
Post a Comment