I love to share my lessons learned through this venue. Regardless of who else sees it, it has helped me to understand where I am in my career by thinking about situations and what lessons I can learn from them.
A great lesson--which always seems like deja vu--of this quarter has been that when things don't seem to be going the way they were expected to go, change. For instance, at the beginning of the year, I wrote of wanting to open a drop-in center. Since I do not own a bank, I decided to launch small, then grow. When that idea didn't work, I changed the concept to provide the same service but in a different way, like having a drop-in center on location for special events. This concept catches the attention of anyone I have mentioned it to, but it's still in startup mode. I have never been so excited about something in my career as I am with this. The vision I have for it is will create such an impact on my family and community... I'm so excited!
The moral of the story is - having to make a left turn when you really want to make a right isn't the worst thing in the world. Adapting to the situation but retaining the essence of and goals for what you want to do can still be a freeing experience.
What are some situations in your business where you had to adapt and it changed your life?
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Subscribe via email
Search
Categories
- Entrepreneur (15)
- Finance (13)
- Business Plan (10)
- Business Development (7)
- Marketing (7)
- Networking (5)
- Leadership (4)

0 comments:
Post a Comment